Entry Level Front End Developer
We are a 35-employee (and growing) Costa Mesa marketing/Internet firm seeking an energetic, wildly talented, upbeat individual with outstanding organizational skills and a strong desire to maintain our high standards of customer service.
We are looking for a wildly talented candidate with front-end programming experience to join our team. You will work with our top notch development team to maintain existing websites and develop new websites using the latest technologies, including HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery. At Golden Communications, we will challenge your ability to complete programming projects that meet customer specifications in a fast-paced, multi-task, deadline-oriented atmosphere.
In addition to meeting the position requirements, we are also interested in your communications skills, your attention to detail and the various attributes that affect how you work and how you relate to the people you work with. In short, we look for people with a passion for achievement, integrity and the desire to make things happen. We look for people who are flexible, willing to take on projects for next generation websites, but also support current websites that are the backbone of our client offerings.
Here is your typical day: You arrive at 8(ish), ready to tackle the day. Of the 6 - 10 projects currently on your plate, you might focus on 3 or 4 of them today, building out a new website design in HTML, QA’ing a site, updates, meetings, etc. By noon you have finished building out the GUI for a site, provided an update to your Project Manager, reviewed it together, and made some final edits before it goes off to the client. Later you may meet with your team to go over some project deadlines and make sure that everyone is in sync. You get a call that a website needs a quick banner swapped out, and you work with Customer Service to get it online before the sale. Between these and a few other odds and ends, your day is exciting and full of inspiration.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Design functional website comps
- Visually show your ideas through sketches or wireframes to project managers or clients
- Build out comps in standards based HTML/CSS
- Interface with back end developers who will build out functionality of sites
- Ability to be flexible, follow direction, troubleshoot and perform critical thinking
- Web Design/Development Degree a Plus
- Some Experience working in web development/software industry
- Proficient in developing layouts in standards based HTML/CSS from provided compositions (PSD or AI)
- Experienced in Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Good knowledge of HTML editing software
- Experience in debugging user interface code and cross browse issues
- Experience in working on dynamic websites
- Detail oriented approach to standards based HTML development
- .Net and MsSQL (or) PHP and MySQL (desired but not required)
- Oh, and did we mention -- a great ability for critical thinking!