Entry Level Webmaster / System Administrator
About the Job
We are a 35-employee (and growing) Costa Mesa marketing/Internet firm seeking an energetic, wildly talented, upbeat individual with outstanding organizational skills and a strong desire to maintain our high standards of customer service.
We are currently seeking a Webmaster / System Administrator to help support our “Special Ops” department. In this role, you will manage websites and their servers, handle website creation / setup and all related tasks, troubleshoot, integrate, and generally be the “go-to” person for all things server and web related. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner and expert troubleshooter with a multidisciplined background that includes Windows/Linux/Unix systems—and will possess a high level of professionalism, excellent communication skills and the ability to work with staff members at all levels.
Here is your typical day: You arrive in the morning, and go through emails ranging from sites are down to server security issues. After setting up a new dev site for a client, you pivot and set up a Wordpress install for a project manager. You turn around a patiently explain to a new co-worker all of the details needed in order to migrate/launch a website. Every day is different – each day is a new adventure!
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Website / Domain Creation and Setup
- Launching Websites on Development, Local and Production Servers
- DNS Configuration for Websites & Email Accounts
- Creation / Maintenance of SQL/MySQL databases
- Renewal, purchasing, installation and troubleshooting of SSL Certificates
- Responsible for overall health, maintenance and documentation of systems
- Help manage and support all aspects of data center (installation, configuration, racking, maintenance, monitoring, networking and support)—including enterprise class Windows/Unix/Linux servers, data storage, hardware and software, workstations and desktops
- Monitor equipment for malfunctions, failures and performance degradation; initiate and manage corrective actions to provide resolution
- Troubleshooting operating systems, application servers, web servers and networks
- Knowledge of routing protocols, LAN protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP), firewalls, VPN SSL, IPsec, VLAN and IP subnet planning and design
- Ability to produce quick fixes, as well as formulate long-term solutions to problems
- Support 7x24 systems by periodically providing off-hours, on-call, evening and weekend support to accommodate maintenance
- Ability to be flexible, follow direction, troubleshoot and perform critical thinking
- Experience / Background in technical troubleshooting
- Computer Science or similar background / education
- Experience in system or network design, deployment and administration
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, Unix and Linux servers
- Ability to manage network equipment, including switches, routers, load balancers and firewalls
- At least some web development experience (PHP / .NET)
- Experience with application servers such as Apache, .net/IIS, etc.
- Familiarity with database systems (MySQL / SQL Server)
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage time efficiently without supervision and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain complex technical plans, policies and procedures both verbally and in writing
- Oh, and did we mention – a great ability for critical thinking!