Does this sound like you?
- You have at least 1-2 years of your developer journey completed, and the most important thing to you about a new job is being surrounded by smart people.
- You’ve worked on the same project long enough that you’re disappointed with a feature you built months ago (you can build it better now).
- You're always looking for ways to improve the user experience with design and functionality.
- You think asking questions or saying, “I don’t know” is a strength, not a weakness.
- You’re wildly talented and can’t wait to share the knowledge you have or new tech you learned over a weekend.
- You know Git, or at least you know how to pull, commit, fork and branch.
- Collaboration is of utmost importance
- You dabble in WordPress theme-ing or are a WordPress Developer.
- You know Magento isn’t a color and aren’t afraid of XML layouts.
- Development is a craft you are learning and hope to perform daily with integrity. Good simply isn’t good enough.
How did you know? That’s me!
Here’s a bit more about the job.
About the Job
- Work with various development teams across the nation -- and sometimes overseas -- to develop harder working websites using HTML, Sass and JS.
- Work with MVC Frameworks in both PHP and .NET programming languages.
- Use and develop for platforms like WordPress, Shopify, Kentico, nopCommerce, Magento and sometimes custom tailored CMSs.
- All code you write will be tracked with Git and you’ll be responsible for your part in a feature-branch workflow.
- For platforms like Kentico and WordPress, you will support backend teams in developing plugins or extensions to fit project requirements.
- You’ll use Figma and Adobe Suite to edit/modify/optimize images and break apart PSD designs into HTML/CSS/JS and integrate with aforementioned frameworks.
- Your day-to-day will include working on multiple client projects at a time. Some from scratch and others from existing projects that need maintenance or feature updates.
- You will manage your own tasks and queue of work given to you by the project management team or customer support.
- You’ll estimate work, brainstorming strategy, and creating proof-of-concepts for new business.
- GoldenComm is all for sharing knowledge. From time to time you might give a presentation on tech, code patterns or strategies to your team.
Our Mission Statement:
We make websites work harder.
Our Core Values:
- Hard Work
- Business Acumen
- Technical Ability
We’re a 65+ employee professional services company that builds harder working websites. Our employees are innately curious, driven to learn, and care deeply about growing our customers' bottom lines.
Complete with a competitive benefits package: great health insurance, vision, dental, AD&D, and LTD; 401k with matching. In-office perks: free food (daily); freshly roasted coffee (delivered weekly); and on and off-site company events (monthly), GoldenComm is a great place to work.
- Respond to this ad with "Jr. Front-End Developer" in the subject line
- Attach your resume as a Word or PDF document
- Provide three references in the Comments box (important, don't forget to do this, please)