Does this sound like you?
- You live within 30 minutes of downtown Salt Lake City.
- The most important thing to you about a new job is being surrounded by smart people.
- For the past two years or more, you've described yourself as an object-oriented PHP developer, and have experience coding and maintaining web applications, in Zend, Sympfony, or Magento.
- You have a portfolio of PHP sites and modules to display your downright wizardry with the platform.
- You GIT what I'm saying.
- You’ve worked on the same project long enough that you’re disappointed with a feature or module you built months ago (and you can build it better now).
- Collaboration is of utmost importance.
- Development is a craft you perform with integrity. Good simply isn’t good enough.
- You have experience with Magmi (or a similar tool).
OMG -- how did you know?! That’s exactly who I am!
Here’s a bit more about the job.
About the Job
- Design and implement high quality solutions using Magento/WordPress solutions.
- And, of course, document what you build/change. (Read: technical documentation)
- Grow existing client websites by developing new features and enhancing existing ones.
- Troubleshoot any number of issues. Perhaps under pressure.
- Work with remote teams in other countries and in different time zones.
- Support integration of third-party systems and stakeholders. Possibly several of them.
- Responsible for database design, implementation, and query development; specifically MySQL.
- Help sales and project managers scope, plan and budget for upcoming work.
- Proactively support clients' needs and ROI by providing expertise in platform features and limitations.
- Design and develop relational database systems and their web interfaces.
- Customize and/or build new modules to support business needs.
- Develop with a focus on SEO/SEM.
Our Mission Statement:
We make websites work harder.
Our Foundations & Fundamentals:
- Hard Work
- Business Acumen
- Technical Ability
We’re a 70-employee professional service company that builds harder working websites. This full-time, come-in-every-day position is in our new office location in Salt Lake City, Utah (only local candidates will be considered). Our employees are innately curious, driven to learn, and care deeply about growing our customers' bottom lines.
Complete with a competitive benefits package: great health insurance, vision, dental, AD&D and LTD; 401k with matching; free food (daily); freshly roasted coffee (delivered weekly); and on and off-site company events (monthly), GoldenComm is a great place to work.
- Respond to this ad with "PHP Developer" in the "Position/Title" section.
- Attach your resume as a Word or PDF document.
- Provide three references in the Comments box (important, don't forget to do this, please).