If you're in retail and you're not selling online, you should think about selling online. And if you're in retail and it's been more than three years since you've redone your site, it's probably time to redo your site (sorry, just speaking the truth).
The pace of E-Commerce today means constantly adjusting to keep at top of the game.
Right now, it's all about
- PLAs (product listing ads)
- Marketplaces (e.g. Amazon, eBay, Rakuten.com)
- Customer Loyalty Programs
- Drip E-Mail Marketing programs
- Social Media Acquisition Strategies
- Retargeting, abandon cart triggers, coupons/rebates, SEO/SEM, personalization, etc…
GoldenComm develops mid-range E-Commerce systems to companies that do $1M to $500M in annual sales. We don't do the "really big stuff" (Hybris, ATG, WebSphere), but we do have a really sound mid-market solution, using partners such as AspDotNetStorefront, Magento Enterprise, Magento Community, Kentico, Episerver and even a custom, simple license-free in-house framework that we've developed for simple low feature-needed stores.